Residential address (and mailing address, if different)
Name of the school you attend (including homeschool)
Your grade level
Your age as of the contest submission date
How you heard about the contest
*The contact information will be used only for contest purposes, including mailing monetary awards to you.
Record the speech:
1. A plain background is recommended, if possible.
2. Record your video using your smart phone, digital camera, or other video recording device.
3. If a student does not have the means to record or submit a video electronically, please call or text 937-658-3535 and leave a message for Anne to call you back.
4. We do not want edited videos (except to trim the beginning or end when you are setting up the camera or stopping the recording.) Videos should be recorded in one continuous take, as if you were presenting in-person in front of our judges at a physical location. You may re-record multiple times and select your best take, but only one entry may be submitted.
Submit the video & typed speech:
1. Videos can be submitted using: YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox, Vimeo or other online video sharing platforms that are easily accessible.
2. Always choose an unlisted or private setting, so that only people with the link will be able to view it (e.g., the contest organizer and judges).
3. When submitting your video, include a message with your name. Your other contact info should already have been recorded with your pre-registration information. (See above.)
4. Submit your video by email to HelpingHands@woh.rr.com before the deadline. (Note the specific time for the deadline.)
5. Please also submit a typed copy of your speech, as a Word or PDF document.
If you have trouble uploading your video, or if don’t receive confirmation (within 24 hours) that we’ve received it, please call or text 937-658-3535 or email HelpingHands@woh.rr.com.
Getting the results of the contest:
Results of the contest will be mailed to the address you provide and will include any relevant monetary awards. Checks will be made out to the contestant.